November 2018 Newsletter
We are approaching the holiday season and you know what that means…turkey shoot, fitness classes, delicious holiday cooking classes, basketball and more. Scroll down to find ideas to give as Christmas presents - give memories instead of toys this year!
FAMILY SPECIAL EVENT
- Thanksgiving Turkey Shoot! FREE! Saturday, November 17 at 10:00 a.m. located at Taylor Prairie School Gym. Grab your family and shoot hoops to win a Thanksgiving turkey! Divisions will be divided by 5 grade groups (boys & girls). Adults and children shoot 10 free throws each and the top team in each division will win a turkey! No registration necessary. Sponsored by Piggly Wiggly. Follow the event HERE.
- Fitness Classes: Must register by this Friday, Nov 2, for Monday & Tuesday classes. (Keep an eye out on Monday if any classes get cancelled due to low enrollment.) All classes located at 210 Progress Dr. – 6 Week classes for Nov/Dec! *No classes Nov 21-24
- Morning Classes
- P90X on M/W/F from 5:30-6:15 am (11/5-12/14)*
- Cardio/Strength/Core on T/Th from 5:30-6:15 am (11/6-12/13)*
- Zumba on Saturdays from 9:00-10:00 am (11/10-12/15)*
- Lunch Time Class
- Pilates/Barre on T/Th from 12:00-12:45 pm (11/6-12/13)*
- Staying Fit & Strong (ages 55+) on M/W/F from 1:30-2:15 pm (12/3-1/25)
- Evening Classes
- Strength & Abs to Tighten & Tone on M/W from 5:15-6:00 pm (11/5-12/12)*
- Circuit Training on Mondays from 6:15-7:15 pm (11/5-12/10)
- Yoga on Thursdays from 5:30-6:15 pm (11/8-12/13)*
- Women’s Self-Defense: Tues, Nov 6 from 5:30-7:00 p.m. at 210 Progress Dr. Instructor is Justin Godfriaux. $20/person.
- Cooking Class “Holiday Entertaining Appetizers”: Learn some fun apps for holiday entertainment that may include techniques with flatbread, brie, and even something flaming! Tues, Dec 11 from 6:00-8:00 pm at 4548 Falcon Ct. (cook’s kitchen). Taught by Claire Doelger. $30 *Limited space available.
- ADD-ON SESSION! Adult & Me Cupcake Decorating (5+): Due to the popularity of the class, we are adding another session! Sat, Nov 17 from 1:00-3:00 p.m. with Claire Doelger at Abiding Shepherd Church. $40; includes 1 quality decorating set w/ 6 tips & cupcakes for both child & adult. Space is limited! Registration Deadline: Nov 2. (Please note, if you’re already registered for the early class, you cannot change to the afternoon class.)
- NEW! Active and Healthy Kids: 11/7-12/14 on Wed at 6:15-7:00 p.m. and Fri at 4:30-5:15 p.m. With Jill Hackel located at 210 Progress Dr. The purpose of this class is to keep kids ages 10-15 fit and strong while playing sports and during the off-season. $35/5-week session. *Limited availability. (No classes Thanksgiving week) Register online.
- GDS Afterschool Glass Fusing: Thurs, 11/29-12/13 from 3:30-4:30 p.m. at GDS Cafeteria. $35; includes all materials. Grades 5-8. *Limited availability! Register by Nov 21.
- Jr. WNBA 3rd/4th grade Girls Basketball: Practices Thurs, 12/13-2/21 and games Saturdays, 1/12-2/23. League with teams from CG, Monona & McFarland. $60 Village Resident or $90 Non-Resident. Volunteer coaches needed. Registration Deadline: Nov 11.
- Jr. NBA 3rd/4th grade Boys Basketball: Practices Tues, 12/11-2/19 and games Saturdays, 1/12-2/23. League with teams from CG, Monona & McFarland. $60 Village Resident or $90 Non-Resident. Volunteer coaches needed. Registration Deadline: Nov 11.
- 2nd Grade Basketball: Wednesdays, 1/2-2/20 evenings at Taylor Prairie Gym. $50 Village Resident or $70 Non-Resident. 25 Min of drills and skills followed by teams playing 3 on 3 games against other teams. Volunteer coaches needed. Registration Deadline: Dec 9.
- NEW! Learn the Art of Glass Etching: Tues, Dec 4 from 3:30-5:30 p.m. at GDS Art Room. Instructor: Courtney Vesperman for grades 6-8. $15/person. Registration Deadline: Nov 25.
GREAT ideas for Christmas presents below!! Instead of toys, give them memories by signing them up for a class – including adults! Find more info at www.village.cottage-grove.wi.us
- Ski/Snowboard Trips: Jan-Feb (kids)
- Glass Fusing Class: Jan (kids)
- GDS Drama Club: Jan-April (kids)
- Cooking Class “10 meals at a Time”: Jan (adults)
- Paint & Sip “Message in the Sand”: Feb (fun Valentine’s outing for adults)
To register for programs online, click HERE.Please contact the Village of Cottage Grove Parks and Recreation Department at 608-839-8968 with any questions.