Ad Hoc Sustainability Committee
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
If residents are interested in helping Cottage Grove become more sustainable, please contact Nick Hess at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inspire to develop Cottage Grove as a forward thinking, sustainable and ecologically mindful community for residents to enjoy tomorrow and beyond.
To educate and enhance the Village of Cottage Grove for a future sustainable community.
Current Sustainability Projects:
- Cottage Grove recently installed LED lighting throughout Village Hall and the Municipal Building by contracting with Energy Performance and Lighting based here in Cottage Grove. https://energyperformancelighting.com/tools-info/case-studies/government-office-buildings/
- We are in the middle of a Village-wide tree inventory to assess the health and disease risk of our Village canopy and increase the diversity of native flora in the Village.
- Why Should We Focus On Renewable Energy: Renewable energy is an economically and environmentally friendly approach to reduce our impact on the environment, save on utility costs and prevent additional climate change from impacting our fragile ecosystem. Follow this link to learn more about renewable energy here in Dane County. https://daneclimateaction.org/climate-action-plan
- Wisconsin’s Focus On Energy Marketplace: Receive free LED lights and other energy-saving items every year! https://www.alliantenergy.com/WaysToSave/SavingsTipsandPrograms/FocusOnEnergyMarketplace
- Alliant Energy’s Second Nature Renewable Energy Program: Ensures that the energy you use comes from renewable energy sources. Contribute at 25, 50 or 100% of your energy usage. A standard home using 500kWh of energy/month at 100% contribution only raises your energy bill $5! Determine your contribution level today! https://www.alliantenergy.com/InnovativeEnergySolutions/SustainableEnergyChoices/SecondNature
Show Us How Your Being Sustainable: Post yourself/neighbors picking up garbage, installing LED lights or planting a tree to our Facebook page or tweet at hashtag #sustainableCG and will highlight them on this webpage!